Spend a day growing your professional skills and knowledge.
Thursday, May 3, 2018
Ramada Plaza Fort Wayne Hotel and Conference Center
305 East Washington Center Road Fort Wayne, Indiana
Hear from expert speakers on issues impacting today’s health insurance and employee beneﬁts industry, including perspectives from the medical, legal, human resource, and insurance communities.
Conﬁrmed sessions include:
- Marcy Buckner, Vice President of Government Aﬀairs, National Association of Health Underwriters
- Michael Nader, Partner, Faegre Baker Daniels
- Panel discussion on “The Changing Healthcare Consumer”
- Breakout sessions including Social Security and Medicare Basics, Critical Incident Management, Understanding International Insurance for Global Organizations, Healthcare Analytics, and more
- Featuring Time Out Talks – Brief motivational segments on personal and professional topics delivered by area business leaders and experts
NAHU Washington Update – Marcy Buckner
During this course, participants will learn about recent legislative and regulatory actions affecting health policy. The course will examine what actions have been taken so far, what the political and philosophical barriers have been, what actions we can expect in the near-term and later, what prompted the need for changes to be made, how the changes are being made and the role that NAHU is having in this process, and what NAHU members, the overall agent/broker community, and employers play in this process.
The Changing Healthcare Consumer – Panel Discussion
This session features a discussion with local professionals offering varying perspectives on how today’s healthcare consumers are wanting to access, use, and pay for health services. What role does telemedicine play? What factors do employers consider when looking at onsite or near-site clinics? What are primary care physicians doing to adapt and integrate new technology for improved patient experience? What is concierge medicine and how does this model benefit patients and employers? Hear answers to these questions and more from this interactive panel.
What’s new with ERISA, the DOL, and ACA Reporting? Michael Nader and GayleSkolnik
Mike Nader and Gayle Skolnik will guide us through the current regulatory issues and updates. Department of Labor disability claims regulations will be addressed, along with a discussion about wellness program developments, and the delay of the Cadillac tax. Experts will also discuss the status of the ACA reporting and the impact that will have on your organization.
Who should attend BenCon 2018?
- Brokers and Agents
- Health Insurance Professionals
- Human Resource Professionals
- CFOs and Employee Beneﬁts Managers
- Business Owners
SHRM, HRCI, and IDOI qualiﬁed sessions oﬀering you up to 6 CE credits for this conference.
Register Now For Bencon 2018
– or –
Discounted rates are offered at the Ramada Plaza Fort Wayne Hotel.
Click here to book.
Interested in registering for a corporate table?
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Agenda for BenCon 2018