Jul 15, 2019
Purchase your ticket
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
Live from NAHU: Maintaining Compliance Amidst Health Law’s Legal Challenges 1 CE Hour Course #36224 During this course, participants will learn about the ongoing legal challenges to the ACA as well
Live from NAHU: Maintaining Compliance
Amidst Health Law’s Legal Challenges
1 CE Hour Course #36224
During this course, participants will learn about the ongoing legal challenges to the ACA as well as the legal challenges to recent regulatory reforms of the ACA implemented by the Trump Administration. The course will examine the key cases and arguments, status of the decisions, timelines for the challenges moving forward, the role that NAHU is having in this process, and what NAHU members, the overall agent/broker community, and employers should know as these challenges continue through the courts.
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of the course, the participant will know:
- The legal challenge of Texas v. United States, challenging the ACA’s constitutionality with regards to the zeroing of the individual mandate penalty;
- The legal challenges to the Trump Administration’s regulatory reforms stemming from the October 2017 executive order providing for the implementation of Association Health Plans, Short-Term Plans, and Health Reimbursement Arrangement reforms;
- Key considerations for maintaining compliance throughout the legal challenges as decisions are announced at various levels;
- Anticipated outcomes of the legal challenges and what to consider for maintaining compliance;
- Tools and resources for becoming active and engaged as health reform challenges continue to be considered through the legal process.
About the speaker
Marcy Buckner, VP Government Affairs
Marcy M. Buckner, J.D., is the vice president of government affairs with the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU). In this role, Marcy manages the association’s state government affairs team, including the monitoring of activities of all state legislatures, insurance departments, and intergovernmental organizations to coordinate efforts to advance the interests of professional health insurance producers. In addition, she serves as the association’s liaison to federal agencies such as the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Internal Revenue Service, and the Department of Treasury. Marcy is also the staff liaison to NAHU’s legislative management team, Legislative Council, and Legislative Council working groups.
Marcy received her Juris Doctor from New England School of Law in Boston, Massachusetts, and her Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and History from the College of Charleston in South Carolina.
(Monday) 11:45 am - 3:45 pm
Ramada Conference Center
305 E Washington Center Road, Fort Wayne, Indiana, 46825