To join NAHU via online application or to renew your membership, click here.
To print a NEIAHU application for payment by check, Click Here
NAHU is the one unwavering voice representing your interests. We know how important you are to the health and well-being of the people you serve, and we bring that message to your elected officials, clearly and forcefully, every day.
Won’t you help us help you? By joining NAHU, you add your voice to those of over 16,000 of your peers and colleagues. You’ll also enjoy the following benefits of membership:
1) Information Resource
With our web-Site (www.nahu.org), Health Insurance Underwriter (HIU) magazine, and several newsletters and broadcast emails at your fingertips, you will always have the most current industry information.
2) Legislative Advocacy
NAHU’s legislative efforts strive to educate and inform elected leaders at the federal and state level. We have learned that most legislators simply do not understand the health care system and the agent’s role in the system.
Through our network of Key Contacts, we cultivate relationships that put us in a position to clarify issues before bills are written or votes taken.
We strengthen these relationships through activity by the Health Underwriters Political Action Committee (HUPAC).
3) Health Insurance Underwriter Magazine
NAHU’s monthly magazine will provide you with tips on selling, information on NAHU’s activities on the national, regional, and local level, and updates on website content and other services that NAHU provides. Receiving HIU Magazine monthly is another great investment for your business.
4) Education and Networking
NAHU and our state and local chapters provide continuing education opportunities to keep you abreast of the trends, new products and policy changes in the industry. Many state and local chapters offer enough credits to fulfill all your state’s CE requirements.
These meetings will also give you time to network with your colleagues and make new acquaintances.
5) Member-Only Benefits
From an exclusive agreement with Mercer for Agent Preferred E & O insurance to discounts on shipping, long distance and office supplies, NAHU offers you opportunities to save money on the items you need to operate your business.
To protect your livelihood and begin enjoying these membership benefits,
You should join NAHU because:
- NAHU will protect your right to serve your clients’ needs.
You will obtain timely, informative news.
- You can attend continuing education seminars on the hottest insurance topics.
- You will share information with top producing insurance professionals.
- You can participate in grassroots efforts that respond to local, state and federal legislative issues.
- You will benefit from a variety of member-only discount programs.
- NAHU’s Code of Ethics demonstrates to your clients your commitment to professionalism.
- You will play an active role in the future of the health insurance industry.
- You will receive a subscription to HIU, the association’s monthly magazine.
- With NAHU following trends in Large and Small Group Managed Care Plans, Individual Health lans, Long Term Care Insurance, Disability Insurance and Medicare Supplements, you will benefit from membership no matter your specialty.